Chris joined Dalby, Wendland & Co., P.C. in 1996 and became a principal in 2009. He served as the Principal in Charge of the Grand Junction tax office for nearly a decade where he was responsible for leadership, fiscal management, and administration of the office. Chris was appointed CEO of the Firm in 2019 and resides in the Grand Junction office.
During his public accounting career as a tax professional and advisor, Chris specialized in mergers and acquisitions, real estate tax issues, real estate development, cost segregation studies, small business taxation, and consulting/tax planning for high net-worth individuals. He has served as expert witness and litigation support for cases in Montrose, Mesa, and La Plata Counties, Colo. He is a regular guest author of expert business advisory and leadership articles for The Business Times and DWC’s blog.
As CEO, he utilizes his decades of experience, strategic skills, visionary talents, and people focus to grow the Firm, engage and develop our people, and promote unrivaled service to our clients. He is also the Firm’s Director of Vision, which embraces a synergistic culture and high-performance commitment to help our clients, people, and communities to be better.
- Bachelor of science in accounting, Colorado Mesa University (Mesa State College)
Professional Associations & Community Organizations
- Certified Public Accountant – Colorado
- American Institute of CPAs – Member
- Colorado Society of CPAs -Member
- Colorado West Estate Planning Council – Vice President
- Habitat for Humanity of Mesa County – Past Treasurer
- Rotary Club of Grand Junction – Member
- Western Colorado Community Foundation Board of Trustees – Past Treasurer