Donna’s long-time public accounting career stems from completing a vocational program in accounting and business administration after high school. She then gained a couple of years’ experience working for a local CPA sole practitioner and knew she wanted to pursue her career with a larger accounting firm. In 1984, Donna joined Dalby Wendland’s client accounting and bookkeeping services department. She left DWC in 1989 to fast-track her bachelor’s degree in accounting and soon returned upon graduation as a staff accountant, working in both the tax and audit departments.
Throughout her 30+ year career, she has gained extensive technical experience in public accounting. She works with high net-worth individuals and their related small and medium-sized businesses representing most industry types and high net-worth individual, including retail, hospitality/restaurants, manufacturing, real estate development, wineries and vineyards, and trusts and estates. However, her main areas of expertise are in construction, farm and ranch, and medical practices.
Much of Donna’s work centers around tax compliance and consulting, and business advisory services for both her internal (co-workers) and external clients. She enjoys working closely with all clients on various consulting needs; tax planning, tax strategies, estate planning, succession planning, compensation and benefit planning, buying or selling a business, and business valuations. She attained her certification as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) in 2017.
Growing up on a cattle ranch and working long days along with her seven older siblings, Donna has always been a hard worker. She is humble and credits success to the team, working with and identifying strengths of coworkers and clients, and giving them the recognition they deserve, which she believes is the secret of unlocking everyone’s potential. Donna loves spending time with her friends and family as well as traveling with her husband in the U.S. and abroad to experience different cultures.
- Bachelor of science in accounting, Colorado Mesa University (Mesa State College)
Professional Associations & Community Organizations
- Certified Public Accountant – Colorado
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts – Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- American Institute of CPAs – Member
- Colorado Society of CPAs – Member
- Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce – Past Board Director and Executive Committee Member
- Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce Business Leadership Training Program for Business Managers- Graduate
- Grant a Wish Program – Past Treasurer
- Performing Arts Conservatory, Inc. – Past Treasurer
- Redlands Village Ditch Co. – Past Secretary/Treasurer
- Western Slope Center For Children – Past Treasurer