Matt joined Dalby Wendland’s audit team in the spring of 2021. Before his return to public accounting, Matt spent a decade leading the SEC and corporate accounting teams at a publicly-traded gas utility company in Tulsa, OK. As an audit manager with DWC, Matt primarily serves construction and non-profit clients with attest services and multiple industries with client accounting services. His extensive time working in corporate accounting provides clients with experienced out-sourced CFO and controller support to help businesses and owners strengthen their accounting and finance teams as their company grows.
Originally from Liberal, Kansas, Matt grew up in Kansas, Nebraska, and attended St. Mary’s High School in Colorado Springs. Matt and his wife, a local veterinarian, have four daughters. They are passionate sports fans and always find time to cheer on their girls’ school sport’s teams.
- Bachelor of science degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and finance, Kansas State University
- Master’s degree in accountancy, Kansas State University
Professional & Civic Associations
- Certified Public Accountant – Kansas
- American Institute of CPAs – Member
- Colorado Society of CPAs – Member
- Grand Junction Sports Commission – Board Member
- American Gas Association, Accounting Principles Committee – Past Member
- Southern Gas Association, Finance Accounting Committee – Past Chair and Board Member
- University of Tulsa Conference of Accountants – Past Chair and Board Member