tax folder image | IRS to Send Economic Impact Payment and Advance Child Tax Credit Letters | Dalby Wendland & Co. | CPAs and Business Advisors | Grand Junction Colorado | Montrose Colorado | Glenwood Springs ColoradoIf you received Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) or advance Child Tax Credit (CTC) payments in 2021, expect to hear from the IRS in January. Letters will be mailed, listing the total EIPs or CTC payments you received. Keep the letters with your tax records and provide to your accountant for tax filing. Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to claim an additional EIP, called a Recovery Rebate Credit, on your 2021 tax return (even if you don’t usually file). If you received advance CTC payments, compare the amount received with the total you qualify to claim. If you were overpaid or underpaid, you may have to repay the excess on your return or claim a credit for the difference. Here’s more: