What to do with Your Health Insurance Documents

healthcaretaxforms_smThis year is the first time persons with health care coverage will receive information forms. If you received Form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement), Form 1095-B (Health Coverage), or Form 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage), then you will need to keep it and any additional health care records with your other tax records in the case the IRS needs to follow-up with you for more information. Additional health care records may include your family’s employer-provided coverage, premiums paid, and type of coverage.

You do NOT need to send these forms to the IRS as proof of your health insurance coverage and you should not have to file any additional tax forms, unless you are claiming the premium tax credit or a coverage exemption. Speak with your tax advisor for additional questions, or for more information about the forms, visit IRS.gov/aca.