Before joining DWC in 2015, Rachel worked for various accounting and advisory firms in the Denver metro area and as a bank examiner for the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. During her 18+ years in public accounting, Rachel has worked with multinational businesses and small companies just getting started. Rachel’s expertise is in real estate development and investment, state and local tax, international tax, family-owned companies, risk management, and estate planning. She specializes in several industries, including real estate, construction, families and high net-worth individuals, and trusts and estates. Rachel also assists clients with financial planning and has attained certification with the American Institute of CPAs and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants in risk management and insurance planning.
Rachel is somewhat of a world traveler. She spent one year of college at the University of Edinburgh and had four roommates from different countries (Spain, France, Italy, and Greece) that she got to visit. She is mom to three “rowdy” kids who play soccer and swim, and she loves to read. Her dream after retirement is to write a novel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance, Colorado State University
- Master’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting, Colorado State University
Professional Associations and Community Organizations
- Certified Public Accountant – Colorado
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants & Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – Risk Management and Insurance Planning Certificate
- American Institute of CPAs – Member
- Colorado Society of CPAs – Member
- Valley View Hospital Foundation – Finance Committee Member
- Cub Scout Pack 225 – Advancement Chair